Life’s Abundance dog food contains only quality, natural, wholesome ingredients formulated to provide 100% complete nutrition in accordance with AAFCO feeding protocols. This premium dog food is so important because good pet nutrition is essential for a long, healthy life. Our natural dog food is formulated by Holistic Veterinarian, Dr Jane Bicks.
Life’s Abundance manufacturer is APHIS certified to sell pet food in the European market, which has more stringent regulations than in the U.S. for pet food manufacturing. They make small, frequent batches to insure that you get the freshest food possible. The Life’s Abundance food that you get delivered to your door is FRESH. Some store-bought pet food could be anywhere from 6 months to a year old.
Contains NO by-products, NO corn or corn gluten, NO wheat or wheat gluten, NO dairy, NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
The secret to superior pet food lies in the formula itself – not only in the ingredients but also in the proportions of those ingredients to each other. The top five ingredients of a given dog food provide you with insight into the nutritional priorities of a pet food maker, however the significance of the proportions cannot be understated.
Their long-time pet food formulator, Dr. Jane Bicks, stresses the importance of synergism, or the interaction of ingredients, because the proper proportions help to maximize the nutritional impact of a formula. As with any recipe, if you use the wrong ratios, you will get very different results.
With quality ingredients working synergistically with one another, you can be certain that you’re providing the very best for your companion animal.
Key Features Of Life’s Abundance
- Life’s Abundance healthy dog food is the only premium dog food on the market today that uses pomegranate extract, an antioxidant more potent than Vitamins C, E and beta carotene. Life’s Abundance premium dog food uses ONLY wholesome high quality proteins, vitamins, minerals fats, essential fatty acids and other health promoting ingredients. This new generation of dog food provides antioxidants, phytochemicals and other pet health promoting compounds not previously found in processed dog foods.
- Our dog food was formulated according to the nutritional profiles of the American Association of Feed Control Officials for all stages of life; puppy and senior included. A balanced blend of calcium and phosphorous to support growing and aging bones.
- That is because their premium dog food is more nutrient dense and doesn’t contain cereal and fillers found in other pet foods . Life’s Abundance premium dog food is a high antioxidant formula and contains 3 sources of superior protein; chicken meal, egg and fish meal plus carrots, blueberries and more.
- Their chicken is from selected high quality chicken meal derived from human-grade processing plants. Removing the water and moisture provides a more concentrated form of protein. Egg is a complete protein. It is one of the most digestible forms of protein and full vitamins A, B, E, K, biotin, sulfur and amino acids – all needed for cell growth. Fish Meal is high in Omega-3 Fatty Acids, great for the health of your dog’s skin and coat. It is rich in powerful antioxidants from whole food sources such as carrots, celery, parsley, watercress and blueberries. Their premium dog food contains brown rice; one of the most digestible carbohydrates supplying your dog with a superior energy source.
- Their minerals are chelated for maximum absorption. They use probiotics and beet pulp which promote a healthy digestive tract. Lactobacillus Acidophilus helps to maintain the delicate balance of friendly bacteria in your dog’s intestines. Beet pulp is a great source of fiber and unlike many other fiber sources, produces special components called short chain fatty acids which the good bacteria depend upon for food.
List Of Superior Ingredients Beyond The First
While the first five ingredients play a significant role in the nutritional make-up of your dog’s food, every single ingredient is important. For nearly a decade, tens of thousands of dogs and cats have been eating and thriving on Life’s Abundance foods. We attribute this success to our painstaking attention to the detail.
Each and every ingredient in Life’s Abundance food is carefully chosen to work with the other to supply your companion animal with a highly nutritious and perfectly balanced meal every day, every year over a lifetime.
High Quality Proteins
Proteins are the building blocks of all living organisms. Protein is essential for all bodily functions including those of the brain, heart, skin, skeleton and many others. Life’s Abundance dog food contains at least 26% of high-quality protein. Look for identifiable animal proteins such as “chicken meal” rather generic terms like “poultry meal,” which can consist of any fowl (turkey, chicken, geese, etc.).
- Chicken Meal Some foods contain chicken meat or chicken parts, which naturally hold a fair amount of water. We prefer to use chicken meal because most of the water has been removed, which makes it a concentrated source of protein. This means that there is a greater “protein content” in one pound of chicken meal versus one pound of chicken meat. That’s why high-quality chicken meal is a key ingredient in Life’s Abundance foods.
- Eggs Eggs are one of nature’s most nutrient-dense foods and play an important role in a balanced diet. They are considered a complete protein source, providing essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals (vitamins A, B, E, K, Biotin, and Sulfur). Eggs also provide healthy fats, such as omega-6 for healthy skin and a glossy coat.
- Catfish Meal Our top-quality fish meal is made by drying the freshest catfish at a low temperature, creating a concentrated, highly-digestible protein source. In addition to being an excellent source of protein, catfish meal provides natural DHA and EPA, the most important of all the omega-3 fatty acids.
We believe the primary fat source in dog food should be animal based because these fats contain a profile of fatty acids that are easily metabolized and generally more available to the body. Animal fats can vary in quality, so look for a species-specific fat like “chicken fat” (versus “animal fat”) to be certain of the kind of fat your dog is eating.
Whole grains are an excellent source of protein, fiber, B vitamins, iron, zinc and other essential minerals. They also provide the kind of carbohydrates that deliver sustained energy to your dog. We include the natural goodness of Ground Brown Rice and Oat Groats in Life’s Abundance Dog Food.
- Ground Brown Rice is the entire grain with only the inedible outer husk removed. This whole grain contains manganese, selenium, magnesium, as well as tryptophan and vitamins B1, B3 and B6.
- Oat Groats are whole oats that have been cleaned, toasted, hulled and cleaned again. Amazingly, they retain nearly all of their original nutrients after this process. Oat groats contain seven B vitamins, vitamin E, and nine minerals, including iron and calcium.
Vitamins and Minerals
The proprietary blend of vitamins and minerals in Life’s Abundance foods was carefully selected to work in concert with all of the other ingredients to enhance the overall nutritional value of the food.
- Vitamins: Ascorbic Acid, vitamin E Supplement, Inositol, Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Citric Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid.
- Minerals: Potassium Chloride, Salt, Calcium Carbonate Monosodium Phosphate, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Potassium Iodide.
Among other nutrients, our antioxidant system includes vitamins A, C and E plus vegetables and fruits. The colorful skin and flesh of different vegetables and fruits contain phytonutrients, essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber. Each vegetable and fruit was carefully selected for its unique nutritional properties.
Vegetables and Fruit
- BeetsBeets contain folate, manganese, potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin C, magnesium, tryptophan, iron, copper and phosphorus. The phytonutrient called betacyanin is responsible for the purple-crimson color of the beet.
- Broccoli Broccoli contains vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin A, folate, dietary fiber, manganese, trytophan, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin B2, phospshorus, magnesium, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B5, iron, calcium, vitamin B1, vitamin B3, zinc and vitamin E. Like other cruciferous vegetables, broccoli contains the phytonutrients sulforaphane and indoles.
- Carrots Carrots contain beta-carotene (vitamin A), vitamins C, D, E, and K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium, Potassium, Phosphorus, Sodium and Iron.
- Celery Celery contains fiber, potassium and vitamin C. It also contains some vitamin A, calcium, and the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin.
- Lettuce Lettuce contains thiamin, vitamin B6, iron and potassium. It is a very good source of dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate and manganese.
- ParsleyParsley contains vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin A, folate and iron. It also contains antioxidant phytonutrients called flavonoids including apiin, apigenin, crisoeriol and luteolin.
- Watercress Watercress contains folate, pantothenic acid and copper. It is a very good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E (Apha Tocopherol), vitamin K, thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin B6, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and manganese.
- Blueberries Blueberries contain vitamin C, manganese, vitamin E and dietary fiber. The antioxidant phytonutrients called Anthocyanins are responsible for the blue-red pigments found in blueberries.
- Pomegranate Pomegranate contains vitamin C and potassium. The polyphenols in pomegranate (hydrolyzable tannins called punicalagins) are responsible for the red color.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids are some of the most extensively researched natural nutritional ingredients in the world. Among its many health benefits, the omega-3’s in Life’s Abundance help support healthy skin and a shiny coat.
We also included flaxseed meal for its outstanding nutritional profile and its contribution to healthy skin and coat.
Flax Seed Meal
Flaxseed meal is the richest plant source of antioxidant lignans and Omega-3 fatty acids. Flax seed meal also has a very high level of highly-digestible protein and essential amino acids.
In addition, flax seed meal contains significant amounts of fiber, vitamin E, folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 and is extremely rich in the minerals potassium, calcium and phosphorus.
Brewer’s Dried Yeast
Brewer’s dried yeast is loaded with highly-digestible protein with an exceptional amino acid balance. It also contains an abundance of natural minerals and vitamins, featuring B complex vitamins (except B12).
Beet Pulp (Sugar Removed)
Fiber is required in every diet to maintain healthy intestinal tract and proper nutrient absorption. We use beet pulp, which is the fiber from the gray sugar beet (sugar removed). Many studies have demonstrated that beet pulp performs better than many other types of fiber.
These ingredients are similar to those found in supermarket yogurts. Direct-fed microbials help support healthy immune and digestive systems.
Life’s Abundance contains the following direct fed microbials: Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium thermophilum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product.