High Quality Proteins
Proteins are the building blocks of all living organisms. Protein is essential for all bodily functions including those of the brain, heart, skin, skeleton and many others. TLC Whole Life Puppy food contains at least 28% of high-quality protein.
- Lamb Meal is an excellent source of protein. It is great for muscle development and overall body maintenance.
- Chicken Meal is a good source of protein and fat that provides the essential energy component, and the fresh meaty flavor that dogs love. It also promotes muscle, tissue, bone and teeth development.
- Fresh Chicken is used for a balanced and complete amino acid profile. Chicken and lamb are among the highest digestible proteins available.
- Salmon Meal is a good source of protein and Omega-3 Fatty Acids that supports heart, circulatory, skin and coat health. The salmon meal and oil used in TLC Whole Life Puppy are naturally preserved with Vitamin E, and are 100% Ethoxyquin free!
- Whole Eggs are high in protein with superior bio-availability.
- Chicken Liver is one of the top sources of Vitamin B12, an essential nutrient for the the production of red blood cells. Chicken liver is also high in Vitamin A, essential for healthy vision.
Vitamins and Minerals
The proprietary blend of vitamins and minerals in TLC foods was carefully selected to work in concert with all of the other ingredients to enhance the overall nutritional value of the food.
- Vitamin A is an essential vitamin, important in vision and skeletal health.
- Vitamin D3 helps in the absorption of the calcium
- Vitamin E helps to maintain a dog’s healthy immune system. As dogs age, antioxidants like Vitamin E can help reverse the age-related decrease in immune responses.
- Niacin is a form of Vitamin B that helps in digestion.
- Vitamin C is a necessary antioxidant promoting heart and immune system health.
- Inositol is a member of the B vitamins, and promotes neurological health.
- Calcium Pantothenate is an enzyme for energy metabolism, essential for synthesizing and metabolizing proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.
- Vitamin B1– Thiamine Mononitrate (B1) promotes proper metabolism and appetite.
- Riboflavin promotes growth and good metabolism.
- Beta-Carotene is the substance in carrots that colours them orange. Beta Carotene’s provides powerful anti-oxidant protection from damage caused by free radicals.
- Vitamin B6 works with other B vitamins to promote proper energy metabolism.
- Folic Acid provides the Vitamin B that helps to develop strong claws.
- Biotin strengthens the claws and keeps them from chipping and cracking.
- Vitamin B12 is a source of enzymes that aid in proper growth.
- Zinc Proteinate gives your pet a healthy skin and a soft coat.
- Iron Proteinate is an essential mineral needed to maintain a healthy metabolism.
- Copper Proteinate is biologically beneficial (easy to absorb) form of copper. A trace mineral found in all body tissues, copper is an antioxidant and helps prevent oxidation of fatty acids.
- Magnesium Proteinate prevents magnesium deficiency in animals. Magnesium aids is the absorption of calcium and is essential for the formation of healthy bones and teeth.
- Calcium Iodate is a source of Iodine for proper hormone replacement that controls the metabolism.
- Sodium Selenite is another name for selenium, is a mineral with strong antioxidant properties and essential for optimal immune system health.
- Choline Chloride enhances the digestive system in the stomach.
Probiotics help regulate the intestinal microbial environment, stopping pathogens and harmful bacteria from colonizing in the digestive system. TLC uses 4 probiotics in their food:
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus
- Lactobacillus Casei
- Enterococcus Faecium
- Bifidobacterium Thermophilum